From Toronto to Waterloo Region:
- Take ON-401 W towards London
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for QEW/Hamilton/Ontario 403/Ontario 410/Brampton
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Ontario 401 W/London and merge onto ON-401 W
- Take exit 278 to merge onto ON-8 W toward Kitchener/Waterloo
From London to Waterloo Region:
- Take the ramp onto ON-401 E via ramp towards Toronto
- Take exit 278B for Regional Road 8/King St E toward Kitchener-Waterloo
- Merge onto King St E Merge onto ON-8 W via the ramp to Kitchener/Waterloo
VIA Rail runs between Kitchener and Toronto, Guelph, London, and Sarnia; the train station is located at 126 Weber St. W, near the corner of Victoria St. in the northeast corner of downtown. Via runs three trains a day in each direction. From VIA Rail there are local Grand River Transit bus routes that will take you into Elmira via bus route 21. Visit Via Rail to learn more on routes.
Region of Waterloo International Airport (YKF)
The Region of Waterloo International Airport (YKF) is a full-service, customer friendly facility which supports commercial, corporate and general aviation.
The Airport is only 10 minutes from Hwy. 401 and within a 20 minute drive from the cities of Cambridge, Kitchener and Waterloo. YKF is easy to navigate with free Wi-Fi, complimentary baggage carts, a licensed lounge and low cost parking...just $8 a day. AVIS and National car rentals are available on site.
Daily scheduled air service is provided by WestJet with daily non-stop service to Calgary and weekly seasonal service to Orlando from January through April; Sunwing Airlines also offers weekly seasonal service to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic from December through March.
The following are licensed taxi-cabs companies by the Region of Waterloo:
- Golden Triangle Inc: 519.621.5650
- Kitchener City Cabs: 519.742.4404
- United Taxi: 519.888.9999
- Waterloo Taxi: 519.886.1200
- A-1 Waterloo Taxi (Elmira): 519.886.1200
- New Hamburg Taxi: 519.662.3240