Ice Storm Cleanup
The Township of Woolwich is pleased to be able to provide good customer service to our residents through the clean-up of tree branches and debris off of Township’s streets after the ice storm on Friday April 12.
To ensure that we are able to pick up the fallen tree limbs in an efficient and effective way, Township staff would request residents be advised of the following:
• Please pile the brush on the edges of your lawn or in the boulevard in front or beside your home.
• Please note that the Township will only remove branches and debris from the edges of your lawn and the boulevard and will not go onto your property to retrieve brush.
• However, staff does appreciate that some elderly persons and residents with health conditions may find the above difficult.
• As such, if you need brush picked up from other areas of your property due to these considerations, please contact the Township by calling 519-669-1647 and we will do our very best to be sensitive to the needs of those residents.
• Please do not block the sidewalk or put the brush piles on the road as they can become hazardous to pedestrians and motorists, particularly in the dark.
• Please pile the branches in an organized fashion placing the ends of the tree limbs in one direction for ease of pickup.
• Township Operations staff will be picking branches up on Township streets until 3:00pm on Friday April 19th. Please have your branches out in the aforementioned areas by this time for pickup.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Smart Meter Installations in Ontario May Pose A Potential Fire Hazard
Ontario introduced smart meters, along with a 'time-of-use' electricity price structure, to help consumers manage electricity costs. Over 4.5 million smart meters have been installed in residences and small businesses across Ontario since the start of the program in 2007.
The Office of the Fire Marshal (OFM) has been made aware of safety concerns relating to the installation of smart meters at residential and industrial occupancies in Ontario.
For more information, click here.